Amethyst is a popular gemstone for all types of jewellery. So you can wear it in earrings, necklaces, rings, pendents etc.
Amethyst is Purple variety of mineral Quartz. It is Astrological Substitute of Blue Sapphire that symbolizes Saturn (Shani). It helps overcome Anxiety, Stress, Insomniac, addictive behavior and brings Sobriety, courage & Peace to the person.
Who should wear Amethyst?
Amethyst (Jamuniya or Katela) is associated with the planet Saturn (Shani). It is worn as substitute of Blue Sapphire to strengthen weaker Saturn. It is also used for its Healing properties.
- Vedic astrology prescribes Jamuniya ratna for Makar (Capricorn) and Kumbh (Aquarius) rashi.
- Amethyst can also be worn by Gemini, Virgo and Taurus.
- Western astrology assigns Amethyst birthstone for Pisces.
How to wear Amethyst stone?
For best results it is important to wear the Gemstones as per the procedure set in Vedic astrology.
- Carat weight – Person should wear minimum 1/10 of Body weight, like 1 Carat (1.1 Ratti) per 10 Kgs. But, if person choose to go for high quality gemstone, even much lesser carat weight provide equally good results. Thus, Gemstone Purity/Power is more important than just the weight. Not wise to wear more carat weight & compromise with quality if budget is less.
- Color – Bright Purple amethyst is good for best astrological results.
- Finger – Middle finger of the working hand.
- Metal – Best worn in a Silver ring. Yellow gold is not preferred or suitable.
- Mantra – Om Sham Shanicharaya Namah’, ऊँ शं शनैश्चराय नमः।
- Day & Time – Saturday, Morning between 5 AM – 9 AM
Benefits Of Amethyst
Amethyst is quite popular for its ability to calm restless and distracted minds and thus is highly beneficial in improving wearer’s productivity.
Cures Additive Behavior – Amethyst helps overcome self destructive addictions like smoking, drinking, drug abuse etc.
Heals Anxious Minds – Amethyst offers relief from anxiety & stress and also helps tackle insomnia, fear and depression. Amethyst is best to enhance mental focus, Creativity & concentration.
Revives Lost Fortunes & Relationships – Amethyst can revive unexpected opportunities, thereby helping the wearer to reclaim materialistic and financial comforts as well as repair lost or broken relationships.
Detoxification of mind – Wearing amethyst can open up metal blocks, clears negative thoughts, thus enhancing creativity & enthusiasm. This makes it most suitable for academicians, artists, researchers and scholars.
The top quality amethyst is mined from Brazil. The best quality amethyst has rich color and high transparency. Reddish Purple tone is considered the best among all color tones in amethyst. You would not see any inclusions with naked eye in such top quality amethyst.
Out of all the Amethyst mined worldwide, Brazilian Amethyst is best due to its superior Color. Brazilian Amethyst Price range from INR 400 to INR 2000 ($5 to $25) per carat as per the quality.
Color – Bright, deep Purple with slight red tone is considered best color of Amethyst. Color consistency is very important as Color banding is very common in Amethyst. Too dark or too light stones with inconsistent color distribution stand low on quality & draw less price per carat.
Clarity – Amethyst is largely free of visible inclusions. Although when present, they may appear like reddish brown needles or angular Color banding and can reduce the overall worth of amethyst.
Cut & Shape – Cut is another very important parameter of quality. A finely cut gemstone looks more bright, Color illuminated & can cleverly conceal the inclusions. Faceted gemstones are expensive than cabochons because of the wastage & time incurred in the process. If quality remains same, round and oval shapes are cheaper than square or other customized shapes.
So now you can buy amethyst gemstone on pinkshop in various offers and discounts.